Back to Site

Saturday, April 25, 2015

A Survivor Shares ...

I regularly receive emails from survivors who experience healing and empowerment from the work of Parenting Safe Children. This one came from a woman who found us on Facebook and has been reading the guest blog posts about speaking up for kids.

"I have been reading the guest blog posts of Parenting Safe Children with awe and relief. I'm in awe that so many people want to save their children from being molested or sexually assaulted. As a survivor of childhood sexual abuse myself, I know what unsafe parenting did to me; it ruined my life. I was sexually abused by both my brother and my grandfather. It took years of therapy and finding the right medication to finally get me on a track in my life, where I didn't want to kill myself most of the time.

Everything that Feather Berkower is teaching is right on; family and people in your circle of trust – not strangers – are the ones most likely to harm children. I appreciate the stuff Feather writes in her blog and these guest posts are fascinating. Thank you."
 
Check out the Parenting Safe Children website for books and online resources about healing and recovery.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment